Friday, January 4, 2013
Ayurvedic Medicine For Irregular Menstruation
The irregular menses is labeled when a woman experiences bleeding that is not related to the regular cycle, when periods are longer and heavier as compare to normal, when there is no or missed periods etc. When the time or space between two periods is longer or shorter than normal or if any uterine bleeding, then also falls under the condition irregular menstruation or menstrual disorders. For a woman, both ends (ie, start and end of menstrual life is irregular and is considered normal or physiological.
Many times, these periods become very uncomfortable for a woman. It can cause abdominal pain or headache in a very severe. Irregular period is one of the most common and must have beaten the woman at least once in their life. Keep notes of the dates they had a menstrual period and compared to the next is the best way to judge the menstrual cycle and its regularity. About 30% of women in their reproductive years suffer from irregular menstrual periods.
Symptoms of irregular menstruation
Symptoms begin with a very heavy bleeding or less. Bleeding occurs outside of regular menses. The space between two menstrual periods is longer or shorter as compared to the normal cycle. There is pain in flanks, back, just above the pelvic region. Changes in mood and irritability is quite common.
The lack of interest, anorexia, insomnia, etc. It is not uncommon in a woman suffering from irregular menstruation. Sometimes a woman passes hot flesh and this is the state that has taken the utmost care around.
Home remedies for irregular menstruation
1.Carrot seeds: Carrot seeds mixed with saunth (dried ginger) is very effective home remedy for treating irregular menstruation.
2.Papaya : Papaya is obliging in treating menstrual evils. Women (especially young women) who suffer from poor blood circulation during the menstrual period or those experiencing severe pain over this period should eat raw papaya. Papaya helps in the proper functioning of the muscles of the uterus, allowing adequate blood flow.
3. Beet juice : Beet juice when taken at a dose of 60-90 grams twice a day provides relief from all kinds of menstrual problems.
4. Coriander seed : Coriander seed is considered highly beneficial in the treatment of excessive menstruation. Boil 6 grams of seeds in half a liter of water and boil until half of what remains. This is one of the useful natural remedy for menstruation.
5. fresh mango bark : The juice of the fresh mango bark is very beneficial for the treatment of excessive bleeding. A mixture of 10 mL of mango peel juice and 120 ml of water should be given at a dose of one teaspoon every hour after. This is very effective home remedy for menstruation.
6. Ginger : Ginger is also an effective home remedy for menstrual problems. A piece of fresh ginger should be pounded and boiled in a cup of water and should be taken three times a day after meals. This is a better cure menstruation.
7. Parsley (ajmoda) : Parsley is an easy and effective home remedy to treat menstruation. This is useful for women who have pain or no menstrual flow. The muscles of the uterus contracts due to severe pain during menstruation, and this later cause irregular blood flow.
8.sesame seeds : Add some sesame seeds in a glass of water. Drink this twice daily when you have menstrual cramps.Women with anemia endure a lot during menstruation period. Sesame seeds (TIL) are good quality home remedy for release from severe pain throughout the menstruation period. It also increases the blood released during menstruation. Take 1-2 teaspoon of sesame seeds in a glass of water and boil
*Smoking should be avoided if you suffer from any type of menstrual problem.
Useful Herbs In The Treatment of Menstruation
1.Chicory (Cichorium Chichorium):Chicory seeds are prepared in a decoction for treating obstructed menstruation problems.
2.Bamboo (Bambusa Bambos):Bamboo acts as emmenagogue that stimulates menstruation. The leaves are prescribed for this purpose. Regular consumption of bamboo leaves is prescribed to promote and regulate menstrual flow.
3.Asafoetida (Ferula fetida):Asafoetida is known to increase the secretion of the female hormone, progesterone. Therefore, facilitates menstruation. Using asafetida gum fried in ghee and mixed with goat's milk and a spoonful of honey for a month can reduce pain during menstruation and also make the reduced flow.
4.Bloodwort (Achillea millefolium):The hot infusion of the leaves is taken as Bloodwort emmenagogue. A decoction of the herb can correct irregular periods. The oil can also be used which is yields from this herb, it can be used in treating female reproductive disorders.
5.Asoka (Saraca indica):Asoka tree bark is given to women suffering blood loss during menstruation due to leucorrhea extreme or uterine fibroids. The plant has a stimulating effect on the uterine wall and the mucus layer in the reproductive tract.