Ayurvedic view on Vitiligo
Ayurveda is one of the oldest forms of Indian medicine that uses a combination of herbs and natural remedies to cure vitiligo.In ayurveda Vitiligo is known as "Shwitra" or "Kilaas". Ancient texts mention clearly that this condition is not contagious, also does not causes symptoms such as skin diseases. In Ayurvedic traditional the main approach to cure vitiligo is to cure digestive tract. It is an alternative treatment for vitiligo in which proper diet is recommended by experts with certain restrictions (salt is completely eliminated from the diet). With this approach, it is possible to eliminate all toxins or "AMA" the body and purify the body with heat therapy, by oils and purgation. Blood is withdrawn from the body through a process known as venipuncture. Aromas and leeches are used often or the affected parts of the skin, as part of the treatment, the Ayurvedic approach is very different, but highly recommended.
Vitiligo Herbal Treatment
1.Mustard oil and turmeric: Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties,as well but plays an important role in Ayurvedic medicine because of its health benefits. It increases the body's natural immunity when used on wounds that can prevent bacterial infection. Home remedies made from mustard oil and turmeric is very beneficial for patients with vitiligo. The oil is anti bacterial and can help detoxify the body.
Direction To Use: Mix 5 tablespoons of turmeric powder with 250 ml of mustard oil. Ensure that turmeric is mixed thoroughly with the oil. Apply this mixture twice a day on the white patches on the skin. Treatment should be strictly followed for a year to get good results. The spots will disappear and your skin will be healthier. The remedy is natural and safe.
2.Basil leaves and lemon juice: Another useful cooking ingredient common basil leaves. It has anti-aging and antiviral, has proved effective in curing vitiligo and stress. Melanin production can be stimulated by a combination of basil leaf extract and lemon juice.
Direction To Use : In a bowl, mix the lemon juice and basil leaf extract. Apply the mixture on the white spots and leave it for a while. Use this treatment 3 or 4 times daily. Within 5-6 months you can see visible results. The treatment has no side effects and is perfectly safe for patients suffering from vitiligo.
3.Tamarind and Psoralea seeds: The most effective herb for the treatment of vitiligo is psoralen. It is used to prepare many natural home remedies and also as an ingredient in recipes such as PUVA formulated. When combined with turmeric as an effective cure for vitiligo. The psoralen should be handled only by experts, because otherwise it could be harmful.
Direction To Use :Soak seeds Psoralea and turmeric in water for about four days. Dry the soaked seeds and grind to a paste. The paste should be applied on the white spots for at least one month. Within a month, you will notice the change in the skin, for best results, it is recommended to continue treatment beyond one month.
Home Remedies for Vitiligo
The water stored in copper utensil : Patients with vitiligo showed visible results after taking the water reserves in copper cookware. The water used in this treatment was stored overnight on copper cookware. The water should be taken every morning and in six months you will notice a significant difference in the skin. The treatment promotes the production of melanin by melanocytes stimulation in the body. It is a safe home remedy.
Vitiligo Patients Diet Plan
1. Eat lots of whole grains. Whole foods are good sources of vitamins, minerals and fiber. Some whole grains such as oats contain high amounts of vitamin E, which improves the body's defense system against infection. Note however that you should not take grains and processed grains. Processed grains have less nutritional value than whole grains. Oatmeal, brown rice, whole wheat pasta and whole grain breads are some examples of these foods.
2. Eat plenty of vegetables. The vegetables are rich sources of vitamins and minerals. People with vitiligo should eat lots of green leafy vegetables, broccoli, carrots and many more, so they can get the different nutrients that the skin needs to produce melanin.
3. Eat fruits rich in antioxidants. Fruits like blueberries contain antioxidants that not only protects the skin but also helps to repair the damage. Be careful when eating fruit though. Citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, grapefruit and tangerines are rich in vitamin C, which can prohibit the production of melanin.
4. Eating nuts. Nuts contain protective phytochemicals and good fats that are beneficial for the skin. It is also rich in vitamin E, which can help repair and protect the skin from damage. Walnuts, almonds and pistachios are the best options to choose from, as they are healthy types of nuts.
5. Eating beef liver. In general, meats should be avoided if you have vitiligo. But it has been known that beef liver contains a significant quantity of vitamin B12 and folic acid which may be useful in the treatment of vitiligo. Other than that, it is also rich in vitamin A, copper, riboflavin, selenium and tryptophan.